If you’ve ever been in a car accident, you can likely recall that disorienting feeling and the rush of thoughts: What just happened? Am I ok? Is everyone else ok? What am I going to do?
It can be quite overwhelming.
In fact, it can be so overwhelming that a victim ignores any pain they might be feeling for the sake of doing the right thing: calling the cops, trading insurance info. if there is another vehicle involved, or perhaps figuring out what to tell their parents or husband or wife.
But it is very important to take a moment and consider if you might have sustained an injury. You might feel just fine at first, but immediate medical attention is of the utmost importance for both your health and financial welfare.
Here are two big reasons why:
- The longer you go without receiving medical attention, the harder a full recovery is. You put your life-long health at a much higher risk when you delay your visit to the doctor.
- The longer you wait after an accident, the more difficult it will be to prove that any injuries you sustained were the result of the car crash, affecting your chances of receiving any financial restitution
Keep in mind that any symptoms after an accident may not be immediately visible. The following are all signs of personal injury that might occur right after the accident or they could appear several days or even weeks later:
- Neck or Shoulder Pain or Stiffness
- Back Pain
- Abdominal Pain or Swelling
- Changes in Personality or Physical Function
Be prepared before and after your doctor visit:
- Take pictures of any bruises, cuts, scrapes, or other visible injuries.
- Don’t worry about photo quality, a smart phone will work just fine
- Document any pain or other symptoms.
- After your visit, document your medical expenses -both immediate and ongoing- as evidence for your car insurance company or personal injury attorney (if you have one)
Exacta Care is Louisville’s premier provider of integrated treatment and therapy for victims of car accidents, unexpected slip and falls or on-the-job injuries.After a thorough evaluation, our specialists offer a full range of medical, chiropractic and physical therapy services towards comprehensive rehabilitation and healing even after you walk out of our doors. For more information visit our website and give us a call https://www.exactacare.com/patient-services/
Share this Post